Monday, October 1, 2012

Flamethrowers

Remember that episode of Avatar, when 12 year old Aang summons the courage to hold a tiny flame in his hands? At first, he winces, expecting it to explode, to run out of control like it had before. But then he opens his eyes and stares in wonder as it flickers in his palm. "It's like a tiny heartbeat."

Our desires can fly out of our grasps, catching fire to our world, burning things they shouldn't. Or our desires can live in the smallest heartbeat, too quiet for others to notice. Either way, we must never let our fire go out. Never let our desires grow cold. Persist.

Persist, persist, persist. And someday, we will have our dreams.


“Keep a little fire burning; however small, however hidden.” 
― Cormac McCarthyThe Road



2 comments:

  1. I came across you husband's comment on my blog with a link to your blog. I have to say you have a way with words that keeps me wanting to read. And also you just made me want to go watch all the season of Avatar again. Keep up the good work, I will be looking forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia! I hope you're still up for reading. I've been working on my novel like a mad person, so I've been slacking on posting here lately :) It's great to have a reader!

      Delete