Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Twos

I got to spend my morning with 21 screaming, living, breathing two year olds.

It. Was. Awesome.

But by far, my favorite moment was during recess when one little girl ran right for the baby-sized wooden bench and opened up one of the books. She probably had no idea what the words were saying, but I bet she loved stories, and she had a feeling that books were where they seemed to come from. And one day, if she discovers the truth,  that those stories are coming from her, she'll become a writer.

I was that little girl. Still am.

Not quite sure exactly what the words are saying, but chasing those stories down because I have to.


“Stories you read when you're the right age never quite leave you. You may forget who wrote them or what the story was called. Sometimes you'll forget precisely what happened, but if a story touches you it will stay with you, haunting the places in your mind that you rarely ever visit.” 
― Neil Gaiman

No comments:

Post a Comment