Monday, October 4, 2010

My present state of existence

So, I’ve been working on a book and it’s been kicking my butt.  Probably because the more I type, the more I realize that it’s a dream.  Then I think on the types of people that thrive on real jobs, the kind where you sit down and repeat tasks, knowing that you’ll get X amount for it at the end of the week. That makes them happy.  Maybe.

But I exist on dreams.  I survive because of them, and a lot of the time, for them.  It’s like food that never satisfies. I stuff my belly full of dreams, so that I can make room for more, but I’m never full.  Like a starving artist.

 What a state of existence.  Hungry.


3 comments:

  1. Great theme. I got this book called Living Autobiographically about how the brain creates experience and at the same time our conscious mind experiences it as new. The professor who recommended the book asked us to write about how we inhabit time...So my state of existence is confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's really deep, Abigail. If your state of existence is "confused" then you're existing highly based on your perception of things, right? Hmmm... does existence = pereption? "I think, therefore, I am?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey wouldn't we get tired of trying to live our dream? I mean like where does it end or does our dream live past our lives and is part of a bigger dream and that dream goes on. Another question: if we are unable to find what our dreams are, would they live on? Would it mess up the big huge dream web? Or is that just the beauty of it all that our dreams are completed to an extent and keep getting better because someone with the same goal picks up where we left off and goes on with the torch? food 4 thought lol

    ReplyDelete